Friday, February 27, 2015

CASA Spotlight: Kevin Gedeon

We are excited to announce that Kevin Gedeon is our CASA spotlight of the week. We asked Kevin a little bit about his experience as a CASA and also asked a couple questions that let us get to know a little more about him. Kevin has truly been a wonderful asset to our organization and we are so lucky to have him. Thank you Kevin for everything you continue to do for CASA!

Here is what Kevin had to say:

- Why did you become a CASA?
I have volunteered for years, but I researched CASA and thought that it would be a good way to really make a difference in a kid’s life.  At the time I reached out to CASA, the Penn State scandal was just breaking and I was tired of hearing about all the horrible and stupid things that men do, so I looked into it and liked what I discovered. 

- How long have you been a CASA for?
It will be three years this spring

- How many cases have you taken?
I have taken two involving a total of three boys

- Favorite CASA story or moment?
Probably when my most recent boy, who is 5, said casually as I was leaving his house, "I love you Mr. Kevin." 

- Favorite quote?
"When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life.  When I went to school they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up, I wrote down 'happy'.  They told me I didn't understand the assignment, and I told them they didn't understand life."   John Lennon

- Who is the most influential person in your life?
My daughter, Quinn, who is 7

- Favorite Children’s book?
A Fly Went By

- When you were a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
A player for the Detroit Tigers baseball team

Thank you for everything you have done for Advocates for Children. We are so grateful to have you. Thank you Kevin for all your hard work!

No comments:

Post a Comment