Thursday, August 28, 2014

CASA Spotlight- Lynn Harper

We are excited to announce that Lynn Harper is our CASA spotlight of the week. We asked Lynn a little bit about her experience as a CASA and also asked a couple questions that let us get to know a little more about her. Lynn has truly been a wonderful asset to our organization and we are so lucky to have her. Thank you Lynn for everything you continue to do for CASA!

 1.  Why did you become a CASA?
After I was laid off (for the last time), I was looking for something totally different from Corporate America.  My sister recommended that I look into being a CASA. She was a CASA in California and talked about the work she did to change a teen's life and I was looking for just that.  How could I impact someone else's life for the better. So I signed up for CASA training and here I am. I love it!

2.   How long have you been a CASA for?
I finished my training in 2011. So I would say 3 years.

3.   How many cases have you taken?
I am working on my second case, since I became a CASA volunteer

4.   Favorite CASA story or moment?
Once, when I took all the kids to the park and they were running around and having a good time, Draden (who didn't have a belt on his pants) was running and his pants fell down and we all started laughing (including Draden). We all laughed for the next few minutes.

5.   Favorite quote?
 "When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change".

6.   Who is the most influential person in your life?
The most influential person in my life was my father.  My father always made sure his children were raised with love and respect for ourselves and others and no matter what happened, his family always came first.  He was very old school.

7.   Favorite Children’s book?
All of Dr. Seuss's book (my first book was "The cat in the hat")

8.   When you were a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
I didn't have big aspirations when I was a child, but I guess I wanted to be a secretary.


We are lucky to be able to add Lynn to our long list of amazing and life-changing CASA volunteers! Thanks for all that you have done for so many people, Lynn, and we know that you will continue to make a positive influence on many more individuals!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment