Thursday, July 17, 2014

CASA Spotlight- Valerie Etchepare

We are excited to announce that Valerie Etchepare is our CASA spotlight of the week. We asked Valerie a little bit about her experience as a CASA and also asked a couple questions that let us get to know a little more about her. Valerie has truly been a wonderful asset to our organization and we are so lucky to have her. Thank you Valerie for everything you continue to do for CASA!

Why did you become a CASA?
I have always wanted to work with children. As we started the adoption process of our son, I felt a pull to help more kids than I could adopt. I found a blog post about CASA and researched it and felt it would be a good way to give back and help kids in the foster care system. 

How long have you been a CASA for?  How many cases have you taken?
I have been a CASA since May 2011. I have worked on 2 CASA cases. 

Favorite CASA story or moment?
This is a hard question. I have had 2 extraordinary sets of CASA kids. I have been a part of many sibling visits as on both cases, my sibling groups were split. I think watching my current CASA kids and how they light up when they get that precious time with their brothers is priceless and my favorite. Watching my girls grow and heal as they have found their voice and support through my current CASA case has been amazing. These kids have been through so much and they have such strength. I am honored to be a part of their journey. 

Favorite quote?
“Our job is to love others without stopping to inquire whether or not they are worthy.”

“We can change the world and make a difference.  It is in your hands to make a difference.”  
- Nelson Mandela

Unless people like you care a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better.  It is not.”  
- Dr. Suess (The Lorax)

Who is the most influential person in your life?  
My grandma, she is one of the strongest ladies I know; and she is honest and funny.  

Favorite Children’s book?
“Oh the Places You’ll Go” Dr. Suess


We are lucky to be able to add Valerie to our long list of amazing and life-changing CASA volunteers! Thanks for all that you have done for so many people, Valerie, and we know that you will continue to make a positive influence on many more individuals!

No comments:

Post a Comment