Wednesday, July 30, 2014

CASA Spotlight- Leonora Corbo

This week we are featuring Leonora Corbo as our CASA spotlight of the week! Leonora has been an active CASA for our organization for the past 6 years. Leonora continues to have an impact on each of her cases, making each of her relationships a memorable one. Leonora has done an outstanding job for Advocates for Children, and we have been so grateful to have her. We would just like to thank Leonora for all the hard work she has done for our organization. Thank you Leonora for all your hard work!

Why did you become a CASA?
I always wanted to have children in my life. I had two children and was a preschool teacher. When I retired I wanted to be part of children's lives and to have them be part of mine. CASA was the perfect fit! 

How long have you been a CASA for?  How many cases have you taken?
I have been a CASA since August 27, 2008. I have had 5 cases since I became a CASA. 

Favorite CASA story or moment?
Recently, while at a MacDonald's playground, my husband and I were watching our two CASA children play with another children. They were running from him pretending he was going to attack them. They hid behind us, yelling: "You cannot harm us! We are behind our protectors, they will not let anything happen to us".

Favorite quote?
“If not now... When?"

Who is the most influential person in your life?  
The most influential person in my life would have to be my mother.  

Favorite Children’s book?
“Hansel and Gretel" -Brothers Grimm

When you were a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
I wanted to be a teacher when I grew up. 

We are so lucky to be able to add Leonora to our long list of amazing and life-changing CASA volunteers! We cannot thank you enough for all the work you have done for Advocates for Children.Thank you Leonora for being an amazing CASA!


No comments:

Post a Comment