Wednesday, May 14, 2014

CASA Spotlight- Marina Logachev

Marina has been a CASA for a couple of years and has done an amazing job for this organization. Marina has gone above and beyond in each of her cases, making a positive impact on everybody involved. Here is what Marina had to say about her experience as a CASA:

How long have you been a CASA for?  How many cases have you taken?
1.   I have been a CASA since November 2012. So far, I have only been on two cases.        

Why did you become a CASA?
2.   I wanted to find a volunteer opportunity where I could really connect with a person one on one; become a mentor and a friend. I have always believed that you can make the biggest impact on someone's character and way of thinking where he/she is young. I wanted to show these children and teens that at least one person out there cares about them and wants to guide them through difficult times, especially when they cannot count on their families or the system for support. 

Favorite CASA story or moment? 
3.   My first CASA teen was incredibly intelligent and wanted to become an astrophysicist. When we went to the Denver Museum of Nature and Science it was incredibly rewarding to see how excited she got about the incredible world of knowledge and science. I think seeing a Planetarium show inspired her even more to pursue this career path.       

Favorite quote? 
4.   "People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do." - Isaac Asimov.     

Who is the most influential person in your life?
5.   My grandmother, who passed away over 10 years ago. She, more or less, raised me and shaped much of how I think and perceive the world right now.

Favorite Children’s book?
6.   So many; mostly Russian (since I grew up in St. Petersburg) – The Wizard of Emerald City, which is a version of the Wizard of Oz but with about 8 different books in the series.

When you were a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
7.   Better question is “what did I not want to be?” I think I felt that I could do anything. At one point I wanted to be an astronaut and a school principal. I think I could still try to be one of those!

We are lucky to be able to add Marina to our long list of amazing and life-changing CASA
volunteers! Thanks for all that you have done for so many people, Marina,  and we know that you will continue to make a positive influence on many more individuals!





No comments:

Post a Comment